Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

URGENT HELP NEEDED- License File couldn't be found

gauravpatil

Hi,

I am a software developer. Our Client has purchased a developer edition of Jasper Report Professional 3.6 and its order id is JSOFT-200910010951-344077.

Before using the JR 3.6 we were using JR 3.5.1 and we were working on the charting using Jasper Report. So in that we used to create the report on the fly and then compile it and then running it.

But as JR 3.6 is providing Flash based charting components, we have decided to use them. But when we downloaded the JR Pro 3.6, we have got just iReport Pro 3.6. and it contains few libraries related to Fusion chart and Licensing. And I tried using those libraries directly in our application but it doesn’t seem to be working.

I have also changed the jasperreports-3.5.1.jar to jasperreports-3.6.0.jar. Then I created a report having a “ChartPro” (The Fusion Chart component) component in it. And I tried to run this report using my Java class. My java class loads and then compiles the report and in the end, it runs the report.

So I wanted to know that, is this procedure fine with the new JasperReport Professional3.6? And if yes then which libraries should I include in my classpath?

Please HELP US OUT. We are totally stuck over here and as we have purchased the License, we seek guaranted help from you guys :)

We contacted JasperSoft sales team and they have told us to contact JasperForge people. If you want I can forward you all mails. please provide me with your email ID.

Also when I ran the report, I got following error on server console. This might help you to get my process status:-

Code:

Post Edited by gauravpatil at 10/08/2009 11:45

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is what needs to be done:
-jasperreports.license is put to location where you have the classes, in the root package.
-JR Pro JAR files where you have your JAR files in your app
-SWFs are to put in the Web app folders, to be accessible just like images or other web resources are.

And you need to specify the URL for the SWF files using 3 config props:
com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.maps.base.swf.url

com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.charts.base.swf.url

com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.widgets.base.swf.url

The value must be a URL that indicates a directory or web location containing the SWF (Flash) files to render the components. For example:
Program FilesiReport-Professional-3.6.0ireportproFusionMaps_EnterpriseMaps

hope this helps.

Vadim Chepuryaev
Jaspersoft

Post Edited by chvadim1 at 10/08/2009 13:10

HI Vadim,

Thanks for your quick reply. It really helped us.

We have few more question related to your reply.

We have under stood the following steps completely

"-jasperreports.license is put to location where you have the classes, in the root package.
-JR Pro JAR files where you have your JAR files in your app"

we also understood the Third step but partly....i.e.

"And you need to specify the URL for the SWF files using 3 config props:
com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.maps.base.swf.url

com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.charts.base.swf.url

com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.widgets.base.swf.url"

Can you please shed some light on the props files.?.. where exactly should we create and keep Properties file in application?

it would be great, If you can tell this step in detail. Also it would be great if you can attach this properties file to reply and specify where exactly it needed to deployed/placed. /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/regular_smile.gif

Also how will our application will come to know about this properties file as we are just creating the file and not making any entry in code or web.xml????

We have found out the SWFs under installation directory of iReportPro.So no issue finding them and placing them under Web app folder.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gaurav

In continuation of previous reply.....

we tried to run the application without the SWFs and properties files to check whether its able to access the license.

And It did access the license but a new exception came as given below...

can you explain why did it come?

Code:
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error compiling report design.	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:229)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:215)	at org.insight.report.servlet.RunReport.runReport(RunReport.java:53)	at org.insight.report.servlet.RunReport.doGet(RunReport.java:39)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)Caused by: com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.license.LicenseException: License is in invalid state	at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.license.LicenseProviderImpl.requireLicense(LicenseProviderImpl.java:235)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.license.LicenseProviderImpl.requireFeature(LicenseProviderImpl.java:242)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.license.LicenseManager.requireFeature(LicenseManager.java:86)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.FusionUtils.requireFusionFeature(FusionUtils.java:50)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.charts.StandardChartComponent.<init>(StandardChartComponent.java:68)	at com.jaspersoft.jasperreports.fusion.charts.ChartCompiler.toCompiledComponent(ChartCompiler.java:63)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseComponentElement.<init>(JRBaseComponentElement.java:58)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseObjectFactory.visitComponentElement(JRBaseObjectFactory.java:1692)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignComponentElement.visit(JRDesignComponentElement.java:100)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRAbstractObjectFactory.getVisitResult(JRAbstractObjectFactory.java:88)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseElementGroup.<init>(JRBaseElementGroup.java:83)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseBand.<init>(JRBaseBand.java:79)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseObjectFactory.getBand(JRBaseObjectFactory.java:550)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.base.JRBaseReport.<init>(JRBaseReport.java:225)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperReport.<init>(JasperReport.java:82)	at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:212)	... 17 more

Hello,

--------------------

Can you please shed some light on the props files.?.. where exactly should we create and keep Properties file in application?

--------------------

That's the JasperReports.properties file which is the configuration file for JR. It can contain different options and export hints and stuff like that. The file can be read from the file system, accessed as a resource from the classpath, or loaded from an URL. The default name of the properties file is jasperreports.properties.

If you want to specify the different source then you need to alter net.sf.jasperreports.properties system property and specify a different file name or location. The default or custom name is successively interpreted as a file name, a resource name, and an URL; the properties are read from the first succeeding source.

If you need to access that property at runtime at runtime you need to use the class called net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRProperties and it's static methods.

--------------------

Also how will our application will come to know about this properties file as we are just creating the file and not making any entry in code or web.xml????

--------------------

JasperReports library will look for this file.

Regarding your license - was it hooked up by iReport? Was the report design compilable in iReport in the first place?

Best regards,
Vadim Chepuryaev

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your explanation. It really helped.

About license:-

When we got the setup and license for the developer edition. Firstly we wanted to explore the package to check wats new int there. So we installed iReports Pro 3.6 and noticed that the edition is evaluation version.

So we installed the Commercial license. Then we created few reports with the iReport and ran them through iReports only. It ran perfectly. we were able to see the flash based chartings.

Next, we decided to created a report through iReports and then run it through a java based sample Web application. Because directly trying from our application will lead to many changes. So decided to test it with a sample application.

And the rest you already know what happened. The application was not able to find the license. Then you helped saying where exactly to put the license file. The license file which we received has name like JRPro.license. As application is demanding for jasperreports.license file, I renamed the file for jasperreports.license. Then the application was able to find license and now its saying the license is in invalid state.

So do you wanna say that when we used our license for iReports Pro 3.6 to convert it from evaluation version to Commercial one, It got changed?? And its of no use now??.

If so please help us on that too. Tell us what can be done next.

Regards,

Gaurav Patil.

gaurav.patil@extentia.com

Hi Vadim,

By any chance can we talk to you guys directly may be on chat/skype or telephone? Because this kind of communication is wasting our time. Your replies are really helping but it not saving our time. We put our query in our day time and as our timezones are not same, we have wait for your reply till you get back to work. So if possible please provide us your skype id and your availablity time so that we can communicate directly and finish this issue as early as possible. May be you can try to be available in our work time or we will wait for you till you get back to work. We are located at Pune,India. This will help you to decide meeting time

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Patil

Extentia IT.

Hi,

The 2nd and 5th Reply to this Thread will help you to proceed. Due to these replies our application is able to find the license file. Please note that in orde to recognize the license by the WEB Application you need to rename it to jasperreports.license and put the license in classpath.

But still we havent found the complete solution for the problem.Now our application is able to find the license file but a exception is being thrown saying "the License is in Invalid state".. JasperTeam says that there must be some problem with the license. So they are working on it.

But this need not to be the case with you. Your license might be ok, just it needs to be placed in proper location. Please confirm with that what excatly is your problem. If it is just the application not being able to find the license file i.e. "License not found at jasperreports.license" then 2nd and 5th reply to the Thread will help you for sure. If its throwing the exception saying "License is in invalid state" then you might need to contact JasperSoft Team.

Regards,

Gaurav.

Hi,

I encountered the exact same issue.  Our iReport license file is called JRPro.license, but we also had a jasper reports license, so we also had a jasperreports.license file.  However, whether we rename JRPro.license to jasperreports.license or place original jasperreports.license file at "location where you have the classes, in the root package" we get the same exception "License is in invalid state".  All reports run without any issues in iReport with either JRPro.license or jasperreports.license file.

One more thing, we only get the license exception for reports that contain fusion charts, all other reports run without any errors in our application.  If your issue turns out to be a problem with your license file then I may also need to contact jasper team.

Regards,

Haroon