We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

replacing CR "print at bottom of page" function

steves

Hi All,

I am considering switching from Crystal Reports and am migrating some reports to Jasper as a test.  Many of our reports use Crystal's "print at bottom of page" .  My current report is actually an invoice.  Invoices are printed in batches by customer.  I have defined a group on the invoice number.  The report is arranged with the invoice header data, bill to, ship to, logo, etc, in the group header.  The detail is a subreport that displays all of the invoice line detail.  The footer data, sub-total, tax, total, remittance info, etc., is in a page footer so I can force it to the bottom of the page but it should only print on the last page of a multi page invoice.  I have tried to use page number == page count for a print when expression for the page footer but I created all kinds of errors. 

My question is should I be using the page footer, or the group footer.  The page footer prints in the right place but prints on every page.  The group footer prints once for each invoice but prints immediately following the details regardless of where they end on the page.  What is the "best practice" to accomplish this?

Thanks

Steve

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each Field element has an "Evaluation Time" property that will determin the value printed. The classic example is PAGE_NUMBER.

If you have 2 fields Both Printing PAGE_NUMBER you set one to "Now" to print the current page and the other to "Report" to print the total number of pages hence you can print

Page 1 of 100

using the same variable with different evaluation times.

So you would need to declare variables to hold the current page and total and set the "Reset Type" then use these in your evaluation. Sould be doable.

Also the "summary" band prints once as the last page of a report.

Luck!