We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper BI Suite integration with java application

lokeshbharani

Hi All,

can someone please tell how the integration of the Jasper BI suite can be achieved with an existing application, so that i can use the BI suite just as a reporting module of my application. Also, i should be able to generate the reports with the same look and feel as that of my application.  Awaiting your reply. thanks in advance.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some common ways to integrate JasperServer/JasperReports into an existing environment is to

1) Integrate JasperReports directly into your application

2) Make Web Services calls from your application

For the first item, your application will need to be java based. In this case, you can create and run java based reports by directly using the JasperReports API. There is lots of documentation on this in the JasperReports documentation and samples.

For the second item, you would install JasperServer (use the windows or linux installer to make it easy). Web Services are enabled by default. There are web services examples in the <js-install>/samples directory. You can use java, php, c, and other languages. You can create, load, and test your reports. Once you have them displaying as you like, your web service call from your application can display the same report in your application.