We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

isStretchwithoverflow and evaluationTime != now

tdjones

I'm running into a problem. In my report I'm returning a string from a subreport in the details band. But when I set the evaluationTime='band' the text field no longer expands when the data overflows. Do text fields only stretch with evaluationTime='now'?

Anyone know of a work around?

Code:
<detail>		<band height="87" splitType="Stretch">			<subreport isUsingCache="false">				<reportElement x="0" y="0" width="0" height="20">					<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[boolean.TRUE]]></printWhenExpression>				</reportElement>				<subreportParameter name="SUBREPORT_DIR">					<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[$P{SUBREPORT_DIR}]]></subreportParameterExpression>				</subreportParameter>				<subreportParameter name="PUB_ID">					<subreportParameterExpression><![CDATA[new Integer($F{pd_pub_id}.intValue())]]></subreportParameterExpression>				</subreportParameter>				<connectionExpression><![CDATA[$P{REPORT_CONNECTION}]]></connectionExpression>				<returnValue subreportVariable="names" toVariable="NAMELIST"/>				<subreportExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$P{SUBREPORT_DIR} + "AR_pub_names.jasper"]]></subreportExpression>			</subreport>			<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" evaluationTime="Auto">				<reportElement x="31" y="0" width="262" height="20"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$V{NAMELIST}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>		</band>	</detail>

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO this is not feasible.

If you have a SubReport ReturnVariable that is multiple lines text you should make your field as tall as the maximum height could be.

Just imagine, if you place your SubReport below that ReturnVariableField that could stretch, the whole content should move downwards AFTER the SubReport run..... but this could also cause PageBreaks and Recalculations of other expressions...So that the SubReport actually should be rendered again... so kind of infinity loop.

So as I know this can't work...  I did always increase the fields defined height to three lines (39 Pixel for Arial 10) if I know that the SubReportReturnVariable could max return 3 lines of text.

hth

C-Box