We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

passing parameter to custom data source in subrep

andrewsc

Hi,

I'm maintaining a system which uses subreports based on Oracle reference cursors.  The subreports have their own custom data sources. So far, the subreports have never been invoked in a loop. In other words, the master report had only one Detail row filled with data. Therefore, the subreports could simply use their respective custom datasources.

Now, we are planning a new report, which will have multiple detail rows in the master (e.g. multiple customer accounts). For each detail of the master, we need to print a subreport (e.g. the transactions of the customer).  We can pass the parameter "account_number" from master to subreport.  But I just don't know how to tell the custom data source, to use the parameter. To make it more clear:

- at first invocation of the subreport, the parameter value "46823" should be passed to the datasource, which calls the Oracle procedure

- at second invocation of the same subreport, the parameter value "17253" should be passed to the same datasource.

Is this possible ? If the datasource was an Sql Query, it would work.  But my datasource is a custom Java object. 

I looked at the JRDataSourceProvider interface, but it does not seem to apply at runtime. 

Regards,

Andrew

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andrew,

Could you be more specific about the way you want your data to be printed ?

Do you have to print one account number, and then the associated transaction, then the others, etc... ?

Could you attach the jrxml files ?

Regards,

Morgan