We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

how do i start JasperServer ??

mcarabolante

Hello, I am making a survey for my company about BI softwares, and i am trying to use the trial version of the JasperServer, i have downloaded it from your website, link: http://www.jaspersoft.com/jaspersoftv3_eval_win_download.html?newreg=1 and i can´t figure out a way to start the JasperServer.

how can i do it ??? do i have to download something else ?? i have looked in the documentation and it says that i have to run a application form the start menu, but it isn´t there.

thank you,

Marcelo Carabolante

Post Edited by marcelo carabolante at 03/02/09 14:49

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are wanting to run it on Windows, download the installer (an exe) and run it. It should give you an option to startup JasperServer after the install. If you shut it down, then you can go to the 'bin' directory of the install and run 'allctl start' from a command line and it should start. To shut it down you can run 'allctl stop' from the command line.

For other OSes it should be similar and there are instructions in JasperForge, but I haven't installed or ran it on anything but Windows yet (I will soon).

If you are having problems with the installer from JasperSoft you can try this instead:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/project/project_home.php?group_id=112

If you are on Windows XP, then you have a "Start / All Programs" menu. You should find a menu item "JasperServer Pro 3.1" there.

Definitely take a look at the JasperServer Install Guide PDF. You will find it in the <js-install-dir>/docs directory. There is a chapter on "Starting and Stopping JasperServer"

Your js-install-dir is typically C:Program FilesJasperServer-Pro-3.1 (if you took the default prompts).

As Devdude mentions, you can also be in a windows CMD shell and simply go directly to the <js-install-dir>/bin and type:

allctl start

The Install Guide mentions the URL you would type to get to the login page. Once at the login page enter: jasperadmin/jasperadmin

Post Edited by Tony Kavanagh at 03/03/09 06:59

Post Edited by Tony Kavanagh at 03/03/09 07:00