Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Scheduler Permissions

kc2519

I am using JS 3.0, and have been unable to solve this. I would like to offer the ability to schedule reports to premium users, a group where I have added a ROLE_PREMIUM. I have successfully used this role to limit access to certain features and folders within JS, except for the Scheduler and Run in Background functions. I would like to give these users that ability without granting them full admin privileges. Is there a solution?

Thanks,

Ken

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response Anandharaj. I already have authorization the same way - I would like second group I created (ROLE_PREMIUM) to have access to Scheduler; it works perfectly for ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR.

By the way - nice blog with helpful tips on JS. I love using the software.

OK - solved my own challenge. This one seems a bit strange.

I hide most or all of the icons from roles other than ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR, but I wanted access to Scheduler and Run in Background for a ROLE_PREMIUM I created. Unofrtunately, though ROLE_PREMIUM users could see the two icons, nothing happened when clicking either one...until I played around with unhiding some other icons, and then magically Scheduler and Run in Background suddenly work for ROLE_PREMIUM.

If anyone is interested, see the two attached files - the only difference is that when the two icons are the only ones displayed, they fail, but when I add others, even if they are inactive for the ROLE_PREMIUM users, the Scheduler and Run in Background features work properly. Would love to know why this happens, but at least everything is now working.

Post Edited by Ken Cherven at 01/28/09 04:28