We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

LastPageFooter always appearing on a seperate page

czerwas

Hi,

We've used the iReport tool to create a set of PDF templates converted into jasper and which will be used in java code to generate PDF files in an online application. As the content is dynamic and can sometimes stretch over a few pages, we've used sub-reports and a main page to hold all the pages together which has a last page footer.

Our biggest problem is that the footer is coming in a separate page by default, even if there is enough space in the pervious page. Attached is the current jrxml and an example of the PDF in jpg form(obviously personal details removed but that section generates ok)

Can any one help us? We're struggling here to resolve the issues. We've tried the following solutions already:

1. Using the group header & footer in all pages. Tried with all combinations in all pages
2. Tried with Last-page-footer in main page (CURRENT SOLUTION JRXML).
3. Tried with page footer in last page.
4. Instead of using the footer, tried with detail band in main & last pages. Tried with all combinations
5. Tried with summary page option. Tested with all combinations
6. Instead of sub-report, placed all the footer content in the detail band itself for all above 5 scenarios. Tried with all combinations
7. Tested with latest version of I-Report tool & jasper (CURRENT jar in production is jasperreports-2.0.2.jar)
8. All positioning combinations
9. All possible stretch type options
10.All possible common options (print in first whole band, print when detail over flows, print repeated values, remove lines when blank, Transparent )

Any ideas appreciated.

Andy Czerwinski

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your detail band(s) are actually too tall.

You should avoid using large bands (see Tips & Tricks somewhere at the JasperReports Wiki).

For example in masterreport you needn't reserve so much place for the subReports. They could be just one pixel in height, as the subreport itself will stretch automatically.

So as I don't have your datasource I cant't test. But try to reduce the band heights.

For your Detail subReport you should also avoid such a large detailband (currently 225 pixel). Try to split the band into two bands if the content is allowed to split (what I assume, as your band has SplitAllowed = yes)

hth

C-Box