We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

yskripch

Hello,

I am trying to make it so that the dates that the user input can be restricted to a certain range.

Is there a way to set a maximum range for the date that is input in JasperServer? Or does this need to be included in the SQL quary? Or should I just write a java class that compares the StartDate and EndDate parameters and see if they exceed the maximum?

Let me know what can be done and if there is a way to do it without writing a java please give me a basic walkthrough for it. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, you will need to create a custom JSP to do this. There is a JSP for parameters that can be set for a report. Look at the DefaultParametersForm.jsp that is the default which you can copy and modify.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 2 years later...

Sherman,

I'm looking to provide a similar solution to end users that will be scheduling reports.  I noticed that this question is several years old.  Does the functionality to limit a date range still not exist in JasperServer? 

To clarify, the JSP option to set for a Report can be report specific, and not modifying DefaultParametersForm.jsp which would affect all reports?

Thanks,

Jarrett