Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

JasperServer 3.0 bugs

gabrielinux

Hi all,

I am not sure where or how to report bugs, so I thought I'd post them here.

* When using LDAP authentication, every time a new user logs in, his/her account type is marked as "External" and "Enabled." If an administrator clicks on the user account and makes any changes -- assign/remove roles, edit e-mail address, etc. -- the user account changes to "Disabled." This affects reports scheduled by that user as well as write access for the user regardless of his/her role. There is currently no way to re-enable the user (other than deleting the account).

* E-mail addresses in user accounts cannot contain dashes or periods. This bug may have already been reported.

* The new input controls (filters) that can placed above a report do not work. They throw JavaScript errors referencing a null object.

* When you login as regular user, log out and immediately after you login as an administrator user, you will not have access to any restricted folders. It's almost like JasperServer thinks you are still the regular user. Maybe this is just a cookie or a page state issue? It seems to happen more often with Firefox 3 than with IE 6/7.

* Upon logging in, there is a button on the toolbar to launch a report designer. It disappears right away. Maybe it was disabled in the community edition? If so, why have it at all?

* The installer no longer asks for a an admin password or MySql root password, which is a BIG security risk.

* The installer WILL install analysis components samples even if one selects not to install any report samples. The report samples are not installed, only analysis samples.

* This one is not exactly a bug, but it is a terrible design flaw. Not being able to apply upgrades and/or patches as an add-on is very bad. If a new version comes out, one needs to re-install JasperServer and then manually transfer data from the old database to the new one. This is a very risky and time consuming process that may keep users locked in an older version, or even away from JasperServer.

* The MS SQL drivers shipped with JasperServer are too old. They do not support SQL 2005 100%. New ones are available from Micr$oft.

* When using LDAP authentication, the log files shows that every time a user logs in, his/her account is re-populated with all of the user's roles. This should not happen -- it should only add any new roles. There is no need to add existing roles again since that only creates overhead on the database and slows down the login process.

* In JasperServer 3.0.0, the login (welcome) page is no longer customizable. That was not the case in v3.0-RC1 and older. This was a very bad decision since both companies and individuals will likely want the same look and feel across all Web applications. Moreover, this is also a security risk since the administrator account is shown.

Post edited by: gabrielinux, at: 2008/07/02 14:48

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another bug:

* Whenever a report is created under a sub-directory containing underscores, the scheduling/edit/run in background buttons are disabled. For instance, I created a sub-directory called /reports/Departments/sql_development and put various reports there. I am unable to schedule any reports in that directory unless I do it from View -> Reports instead of the home screen.