We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Could not load object from location

scotthendoau

Hi guys.

I am using sub reports for the first time. Now when I run the reports locally everything works fine, yet when I deploy my ear to a Unix based server, i get the following exception: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Could not load object from location.

The main report and sub-reports are in the same folder. I have been using the sub-report dir parameter with just about every combination under the sun ("//", "/", "", "\", "." and "") but nothing is working.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards Scott.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your reply svenn I have figured it out. For some reason, when deployed locally, setting the SUBREPORT_DIR to "\" works fine but when deployed to a Unix box, i have to set the SUBREPORT_DIR to the folder that both reports are in but not the full directory path, ie. I set SUBREPORT_DIR to "jasper". Go figure.

Cheers, Scott

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this same issue. I have attempted changing it to "./", "jasper", "Report/", etc,etc,etc. without avail. When you mentioned "jasper" is that the name of the directory your jasperserver is running under? IE: Mine is /opt/jasperserver-3.0.1

Great tool- I can't wait to get this last issue addressed.

Howdy,

Well in my case, I have an ear file deployed to a web server. Now say my project is called example, my files are saved in example/jasper. So I set the SUBREPORT_DIR to "jasper".

Also make sure that your subreport and main report are both in the same directory.

Scott.