We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JDK1.3 and JasperReports/iReport version

dudleygb

Hi all,

Please dont ask :) I have been constrained to work with JDK1.3 at a client site and I would like to use Jasper, as I urgently need a PDF/report tool. I please need to know whats the latest version of Jasper that will work on JDK1.3?

regards

dudley

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems this forum is a bit non responsive. Perhaps then I can make it a bit easier, just a Yes or No please, anyone. Can I take jasper 205 source and compile it to work on JDK1.3? I've come across some docs that seem to indicate this is possible.

apparently not, the article I referred to, looks like it states that you can do this on jasperreport0.x versions? Where can I get an old version of jasper, we are upgrading later this year to jdk5 but for now I just need to get one measly report completed to finish the project....aarrrgghhh

Even Spring had a JDK1.3 version :)

Hi,

I think JR 2.0.2 would be a safer bet. Not only that I remember 1.3 compatibility was broken before we officially updated the requirements, but also that JR 2.0.3 introduces a new way to draw borders, which deprecates parts of JRXML and of the API.

So it would be safer to stay with JR 2.0.2, if there will be no way for you to upgrade easily in the future.

I hope this helps.

Teodor