We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Classpath modified when running job...

javydreamercsw

I'm making some tests and playing around with ETL. Trying to connect to a DB2 DB I get the following error:

Code:

Exception in component tDB2Input_1
com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.SqlException: The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver in use is not licensed for connectivity to QDB2/NT databases. To connect to this DB2 server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal Driver for JDBC and SQLJ. An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar for this target platform must be installed to the application classpath. Connectivity to QDB2/NT databases is enabled by any of the following license files: { db2jcc_license_cu.jar, db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar }
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.p.fb(p.java:3311)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.p.a(p.java:3252)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.a(b.java:618)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.b.<init>(b.java:333)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:165)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at exception_handler.poms.POMS.tDB2Input_1Process(POMS.java:173)
at exception_handler.poms.POMS.main(POMS.java:759)

Obviously is related to the license jar file. I added it to ETL's java library with no luck. Tried restarting ETL so it "sees" the jar and no luck either. Then went to the project's java folder (repository) and added the jar file and I see it being added to .classpath file but when I run the job I sadly watch how the classpath entry is deleted and thus facing the same error.

Is this the correct process or a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Post edited by: javydreamercsw, at: 2007/07/18 13:41

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I encountered an issue with building from source using DB2 that might be related. When building with Maven I could not find a way to point to two .jar files for a JDBC driver. DB2 requires 2, but Maven only allowed me to point to a single file.

My solution was to put the classes from db2jcc_license_cu.jar into the other .jar file. It's a relatively ugly solution involving unjarring and rejarring... but it was good enough for what I was doing.

The same technique might work here. Good luck.

-Matt