We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

crosstab returnmap put error

rcmpjames

Hi,

Getting

"Error evaluating expression :

Source text : $P{crossTabReturnMap}.put("totals", $V{activityCount_Infrastructure_Community_ALL})"

Where the crossTabReturnMap is pointing to a variable passed to the main report (this is a sub) and the activityCount, activityCount_Infrastructure and activityCount_Community are all Integers

I have the exact same code in another report/subreport/crosstab that works no problem.

Any ideas where to look and/or how to troubleshoot this? The Stack trace does not help...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha - of course not - I took it out...!

Sorry - long day/week/month

Code:
				<staticText>
<reportElement
x="0"
y="0"
width="0"
height="25"
key="staticText">
<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$P{crossTabReturnMap}.put("totals2", new Integer(1))]]></printWhenExpression>
</reportElement>
<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" bottomBorder="None" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>
<textElement>
<font/>
</textElement>
<text><![CDATA[static Text]]></text>
</staticText>
<staticText>
<reportElement
x="0"
y="0"2
width="0"
height="25"
key="staticText">
<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$P{crossTabReturnMap}.put("nototals2", new Integer(1))]]></printWhenExpression>
</reportElement>
<box topBorder="None" topBorderColor="#000000" leftBorder="None" leftBorderColor="#000000" rightBorder="None" rightBorderColor="#000000" bottomBorder="None" bottomBorderColor="#000000"/>
<textElement>
<font/>
</textElement>
</staticText>

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, solved it...

For anyone having this probelm - I derived my solution from a combination of things - primarily using a "dummy expression" to fill the map, and using the printWhenExpression to render it. I just needed to add a dummy expression within the dummy expression involving the population of the map that would return a boolean value to keep the printWhenExpression happy.

Got another problem - how the heck do I use the return values in groups...

I get values back, but want to sum them in a higher-level grouping. Right now, I try to put a get from the Map into a variable, then set the calcluation to sum at the group level for the group I want it summed for... but just get nulls.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe some code would help...

I am getting weird totals when I try to get sums from a crosstab return map.

I fill the map like this:

Code:
				<staticText>
<reportElement
x="0"
y="0"
width="0"
height="25"
key="staticText">
<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean((((Integer)$P{crossTabReturnMap}.put("totals", $V{activityCount_ActivityDescription_DetachmentDescription_ALL}))).intValue() > 0)]]></printWhenExpression>
</reportElement>
<textElement>
<font/>
</textElement>
</staticText>
<staticText>
<reportElement
x="0"
y="0"
width="0"
height="25"
key="staticText">
<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean((((Integer)$P{crossTabReturnMap}.put("intotals", $V{activityReviewYes_ActivityDescription_DetachmentDescription_ALL}))).intValue() > 0)]]></printWhenExpression>
</reportElement>
<textElement>
<font/>
</textElement>
</staticText>
<staticText>
<reportElement
x="0"
y="0"
width="0"
height="25"
key="staticText">
<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean((((Integer)$P{crossTabReturnMap}.put("outtotals", $V{activityReviewNo_ActivityDescription_DetachmentDescription_ALL}))).intValue() > 0)]]></printWhenExpression>
</reportElement>
<textElement>
<font/>
</textElement>
</staticText>
<staticText>
<reportElement
x="0"
y="0"
width="0"
height="25"
key="staticText">
<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[new Boolean((((Integer)$P{crossTabReturnMap}.put("completetotals", $V{activityReviewComplete_ActivityDescription_DetachmentDescription_ALL}))).intValue() > 0)]]></printWhenExpression>
</reportElement>
<textElement>
<font/>
</textElement>
</staticText>

The crossTabReturnMap is passed into a variable named districtActivityMap, which is used by various variables in various groups on the main report. Declaration and use:

Code:
[code]
<variable name="districtActivityMap" class="java.util.Map" resetType="Group" resetGroup = "Division" calculation="System">
</variable>

<variable name="divisionYesTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Division" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("totals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
<initialValueExpression><![CDATA[new java.lang.Integer(0)]]></initialValueExpression>
</variable>
<variable name="regionYesTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Region" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("totals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
<initialValueExpression><![CDATA[new java.lang.Integer(0)]]></initialValueExpression>
</variable>
<variable name="divisionInTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Division" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("intotals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
</variable>
<variable name="regionInTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Region" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("intotals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
</variable>
<variable name="divisionOutTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Division" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("outtotals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
</variable>
<variable name="regionOutTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Region" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("outtotals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
</variable>
<variable name="divisionCompleteTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Division" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("completetotals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
</variable>
<variable name="regionCompleteTotals" class="java.lang.Integer" resetType="Group" resetGroup="Region" calculation="Sum">
<variableExpression><![CDATA[$V{districtActivityMap}.get("completetotals"«»)]]></variableExpression>
</variable>

The numbers do not add up. I am testing in the subreport; they are correct - the sums on the main report are calculated, but not at all correctly.

...HELP!