We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Getting started with JasperIntelligence newbie

techs_massage

Hello - I am an absolute newbie to JasperIntelligence and JasperReports. My company is investigating BI products and I have installed JasperIntelligence on one of our servers.

My goal is to write a simple report, using data from our SQL database on another server and have it available from the web when accessing JasperIntelligence.

Does anyone have a step by step tutorial or document I could refer to to make this happen? I have installed the JDBC driver for SQL 2000, but I am lost on where to begin after that.

Thanks!:S

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - I figured out my own question without anyone replying to my request for help and I have created a report in iReport and then from within JasperIntelligence created a data source connection and used the .jrxml file from the report I created and the title of the report comes up but none of the data...

Is there something I am missing?

Thank you.

Thank you!! That is exactly what the problem was. I appreciate your help.

I have another problem now on another report. I created a datasource connection just like I did in the last report and created the report with the same connection in iReport with no problem, but when I try to run the report in JasperIntelligence it gives me the following error:

Error Message:

org.springframework.webflow.ActionExecutionException: Exception thrown executing [AnnotatedAction@6ebdba targetAction = com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction@9e6e1a, attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'verifyData' of flow 'viewReportFlow'; nested exception is com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: Error creating connection.

Post edited by: techs_massage, at: 2006/12/02 14:01