We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Command Line Execution

2005 IR Help

By: steveT - stevetucknott

Command Line Execution

2005-05-31 01:06

Is there a way of 'running' the designed report from the 'command line'?

Assuming that we have used iReport to design and create the jrxml file, and have compiled that report - can I then (somehow) run that report without going through iReport?

Effectively to parameterise any input parameters and the required output format and file path/name...ie

run ./myReport.jasper --myParam1 "abcdef" --myParam2 123 --outputFormat "PDF" --outputFile "/tmp/fred"

Is that possible - or am I asking the wrong list (presumably this is a jasperReports issue?)

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Command Line Execution

2005-05-31 07:47

You can't using ireport, but it should be no complex to write an application that do exactly this.

Giulio

2005-05-31 23:36

...presumably thats a Java application?........

Is there a way to use a scripting tool to run jasperReports with the compiled .jasper file?

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2005-06-01 15:55

With JasperReports is shipped an ant task to compile reports. You can modify it to export too

and use ant.

Giulio

2005-07-27 02:42

Just in case anyone has the same problem ....

I have now written a small Java app (the code is appalling as I'm not a Java programmer) that will run a predesigned report and either/and/or preview it or format an output file (pdf,html etc). It picks up any parameters required by the report and prompts the user for the values.

If anyone is interested, contact me off list.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Steve/Giulio,

Can you have a sample application or script whic run a report as a batch process by varying some the parameters like

run ./myReport.jasper --myParam1 "abcdef" --myParam2 123 --outputFormat "PDF" --outputFile "/tmp/fred.pdf"

Matt,

I have download the iReports source code and tried running a compiled report through command line ,but happening.

My Concerns for the product is automatic execution of iReports in a shell script or batch file.

iReports.bat report1.jrxml (report1.jasper) -username -password - timestamp -o ouput.pdf

I request you to look into this . Because Datavision reports provide this facility like the following

datavision.bat -c output.pdf E:\DataVision-Reports\samplereport1.xml

Thanks,

Unni