We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

display few records at a time jasper reports

ktrinad

By: venkat janapati - jvrao88

display few records at a time jasper reports

2004-09-08 12:24

Hi,

I have huge number of records need to display in pdf. It takes for ever to display these number of records into pdf.

Is there any way i can display few records and as the user scrolls down ,it should display next set of records.

Thanks for your help

Venkat

By: Edgar Dollin - edollin

RE: display few records at a time jasper reports

2004-09-08 12:31

As far as I know pdf's are a single file. If you need the described functionality you probably need a different system.

Edgar

By: Doug Berkland - berkland

RE: display few records at a time jasper repo

2004-09-08 13:55

If you are serving the pdf as a response to an http request, you may be able to do it. I think that Adobe Reader is able to start displaying a streamed PDF before the entire PDF is downloaded. You would need to use an OutputStream that returned the bytes from building the pdf as it was being built.

However, I don't think this will help unless your bottleneck is in downloading the PDF to the user's computer. Most of the work (creating the JasperPrint) will already be done before the exporter is even called.

By: prakash - prakash7

RE: display few records at a time jasper reports

2004-10-19 23:00

I too have a similar problem; When am generating a jasper report(html or pdf) containing huge number of records(50,000), I get out of memory exception. Any ideas? Batch exporting feature of latest release(0.6.0) will be helpful?

Prakash

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic