We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Urgent. please help

By: Michael Mai - mmai

Urgent. please help

2003-10-27 07:47

Hi,

The following codes work at Window Env but does not work at Unix(Weblogic), the log file did show "....Report path: " but not showing "before TeamEligibility". So someting wrong with code in bewteen(JRLoader.loadObject java code), there is no exception/error.

Please help, I am desparate.

############################

Java code:

logger.info(".......Report path: " + cm.getReportPath());

JasperReport teamPerfStatsSubreport = (JasperReport)JRLoader.loadObject(cm.getReportPath() + "TeamPerformanceStats.jasper");

logger.info("before TeamEligibility");

By: Alexander Wallace - aows

RE: Urgent. please help

2003-10-27 08:37

Have you checked what the actual string of cm.getReportPath() + "TeamPerformanceStats.jasper" looks like? what is the directory separator? they are different in win and unix... Check it out, Try a System.out.println(cm.getReportPath() + "TeamPerformanceStats.jasper") and see what it shows... Unix uses / to separate dirs while windows uses

2003-10-27 09:15

Yes, I did use / and TeamPerformanceStats.jasper is indeed exists in /opt/beahome/bea61cs/wlserver6.1/config/CSIncentiveDomain

$ ls -l ../../reports/TeamPerformanceStats.jasper

-rw-r--r-- 1 bea61cs weblogic 10984 Oct 20 14:56 ../../reports/TeamPerformanceStats.jasper

$ pwd

/opt/beahome/bea61cs/wlserver6.1/config/CSIncentiveDomain

######################

Here is the log:

2003-10-27 12:09:20,895 [iNFO ] ejb.CSIDAOEJB_mchyiv_Impl ( CSIDAOEJB.java:3235) - .......Report path: reports/

##################################

Here is the Catch java code

} catch (JRException e) {

logger.error("JR Exception: " + e, e);

result = false;

} catch (Exception e) {

logger.error("Exec Query failed, Exception: " + e, e);

result = false;

}

############################

And it never jump to exception and bypass the rest of the codes after displaying ".......Report path: reports/" and return back to calling program.

By: Alexander Wallace - aows

2003-10-27 10:54

I'm not sure I understand the problem but it seems to be that it's just a path problem. That is, your code is not returning the appropiate path for the report. That's why i asked you to do a System.out.println(cm.getReportPath() + "TeamPerformanceStats.jasper") or log it somewher and see if the whole thing is a valid file path.

2003-10-27 15:09

logger.info("...Report path: " + cm.getReportPaht() + "TeamPerformanceStats.jasper"));

returns ".......Report path: reports/TeamPerformanceStats.jasper"

I even specified fullpath(/opt/beahome/bea61cs/wlserver6.1/reports/TeamPerformanceStats.jasper) and still doesn't work.

File /opt/beahome/bea61cs/wlserver6.1/reports/TeamPerformanceStats.jasper does exist.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic