We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasper report -Debugging /Logging

chetan_33

Hi All

I am new to jasper report and wonder whether there is any logging within jasper whose level can be changed to things like information or debug so that I get the executed query printed out on console or into a log file?

Same also for iReport

It shows the compilation output message and error but better if we can get more details by referrign complete information in console or a log file

Any inputs to help me?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

JasperReports relies on the Jakarta Commons Logging API to channel the logging information.

You could configure it through properties files so that all debug information comming from the "net.sf.jasperreports" channel makes it into the logs.

However, JR is not very verbose and I'm afraid that debug information you are looking for will not be available in the logs. But you could use a debugger if you want to, probably with better results.

It would be interesting to know what are you trying to find out? What exactly does not work in your case?

Thank you,

Teodor

Hi Teodord

Thanks for reply

Teodord I looked into jasper jar withign the iReport but couldnt locate any logging related properties. Can u please tell me what property has to be added and in which path

I have a need whereby I want to see what query is getting executed after all the parameterisation.

Also since my cross tab display is not workgin right now I was interested in debugging the rendering of cross tab as to the row and column headers and the data fetched

This was important since I am trying to develop reports with iReport

And from ur suggestion

what I see is I have to configure the IDE eclipse with jasper

So these are 2 different part of world unless we have iReport plugin for eclipse!!

or is there any other way?

Post edited by: chetan_33, at: 2006/07/28 13:55