Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

ji-import, ji-export

bhaugland

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two ways to find information on the ji-import and ji-export utilities. One is to use the "--help" option which will give you usage on the command line.

In addition, the JasperIntelligence-User-Guide.pdf (from the documentation section of the site) has a section on the import export functionality.

Thanks that worked great.

I would like to request a feature that would allow ji-import to overwrite existing resources with new resources.

The reason for this is for moving from dev to test to prod. If I make a change to a report in the development area I want to be able to move that report to test and up to production via ji-export and ji-import. Without being able to do a bulk move I would have to move the report changes manually (a good source of errors.)

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi,

How do I obtain the ji-import/export utility? I desperately need a tool to migrate reports from one environment to another.

Is "JasperIntelligence" of old (I'm guessing JI Import/export is a tool bundled here) is what we call "Jaser Business Intelligence" now?

Thank you in advance,

Nghia

I just downloaded the japerserver-3.0-bin.zip and it is included in the archive in the directory jasperserver-3.0-bin/scripts/.

You should have a copy of the scripts directory included with your version of Jasperintelligence, although I'm not familiar with it.

It is important that the lib and conf directories under scripts are up-to-date with the application as  I have had problems when there has been a mismatch.

If you are migrating from one version to a similar version on the same hardware and operating system platform you might consider a metadata repository backup and restore.  I'm sure it's possible but I've only ever done it with Ingres.

thanks rayfan,

I am poking around to see how it works. Right now, I tried ran some command like

js-export --everything --export-dir ./myFolder

It runs (ie. I see the output text) but the folder "myFolder" isn't created. I tried with .zip and it's not created either.

I'll post progress later.

Nghia

ps. ji = js for 3.0 I suppose.

I just want to follow up for people who read this thread later. My problem earlier was that i didn't have sufficient permission to write the file in the /scripts folder

curse the vista.

It works great now. I fiddling around with the ANT tool (which you can search in this forum) to make this process even more streamline. Thanks everybody.

• 1 year later...