We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Replicating Existing Domains

will.lloyd

I would like to create a replica of an existing Domain in order to test modifications to the replica without running the risk of corrupting the original Domain. I have not been able to determine a means to do this through the UI; there is no 'Save As...' type option available. Could anyone tell me whether this is possible?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try downloading the existing domain XML schema and the creating a new domain from that schema. To download the schema edit the domain in the domain designer and press Export Design button. Save the schema.xml. Then create a new domain and instead of creating a new domain using the domain designer select the Upload option and point it to your schema.xml file.

After a bit more enperimentation, I think I may have come across a slightly easier method for performing this.

Under the Domain -> View List page, a right-click on the domain offers limited limited options to Edit, Delete, set Permissions/Properties or Export the Domain.

As an alternate, when I View the Repository and then navigate through the hirearchy to the Domains, I have one or more option to Run (n/a in this case), Edit, Open, Copy, Cut, Paste and Delete objects.

Selecting the Domain, I can Copy it and then Paste this as an exact replica. Perhaps for reasons of uniqueness (or maybe some other reason) I need to navigate to another branch in the Repository's hierarchy before I do a Paste. Once I set the Name/Description ot the Domain to be different, I will experiment with moving it back to the directory that the original file came from.