We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cannot create an adhoc report

arnout.cator

I have the following question:

I have jasper server version 3 or 4 embedded in an application. I think it is 4 as I have an Adhoc view displaying a table, graph and crosstab button and an Open Report button. I have a configuration file applicationContext-adhoc.xml as part of the set of Spring configuration files.

When I click on the report view tab, I get to see nothing. I have created a domain successfully and that should show up in the Domain tab in that Adhoc view.

I have set all debugging on in log4j.properties and I see no errors when I click on the Adhoc tab. I just see requests being processed that have empty lists, like realmsView and realms are empty.
Another strange thing is the dataset cache view. This dataset view is always empty, with the message that there is no dataset.

I was wondering if someone could give me a pointer on what causes no adhoc data to show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a commercial version of Jasper Server (3.5.0) embedded in a web application and the user logged in (author) is successfully passed on to the JasperSoft user interface.
I have successfully created a domain under /root/Domains and /root/Organizations/Organization/Domains as well as /root/Organizations/Organization/Ad Hoc Components/Topic. I followed instructions from this thread to see if I have a problem with the configuration in applicationContext-adhoc.xml. I have this in my applicationContext-adhoc.xml:
       <property name="realmsURI" value="/adhoc/topics"/>
       <property name="realmsURIParentSQLPatternList">
            <list>
                <value><![CDATA[%/adhoc/topics]]>]]></value>
                <value><![CDATA[/public/adhoc/topics]]>]]></value>
            </list>
        </property>
Then in applicationContext-multiTenancy.xml I have
<bean id="pathTransformer" 
class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.DefaultPathTransformer">
<property name="additionalRootFolders">
<list>
<value>/public</value>
</list>
</property>
        <property name="messages" ref="messageSource"/>
</bean>

What I then looked at was the debugging coming back from clicking on the Ad Hoc Report tab:

2017-07-16 13:15:51,444 INFO  [stdout] (default task-98) 13:15:51,444 DEBUG ActionExecutor,default task-98:57 - Executing [AnnotatedAction@64c03f30 targetAction = org.springframework.webflow.action.SetAction@1a9ce20a, attributes = map[[empty]]] in state 'realmsView' of flow 'adhocFlow'
2017-07-16 13:15:51,445 INFO  [stdout] (default task-98) 13:15:51,445 DEBUG SetAction,default task-98:199 - Action 'SetAction' beginning execution
2017-07-16 13:15:51,446 INFO  [stdout] (default task-98) 13:15:51,446 DEBUG SetAction,default task-98:206 - Action 'SetAction' completed execution; result is 'success'

It looks like the adHocFlow transitions fine into the realmsView flow which then calls the dataExplorer/dataExplorer.jsp. The dataExplorer.jsp is not populating any trees for Topic nor Domains without throwing errors in the log (I had the root logging on debug in log4j.properties).

I found in the log that I am using external users (from my Linux server, while not LDAP), not internal users jasperadmin or joeuser. Then the commercial license seems to have locked the server to just the organization_1 tenant. I cannot add any other tenant under the organizations node in the user interface. I cannot log in as jasperadmin into the UI.

I suppose the question becomes now: How can I set up my applicationContext-multitenant-security.xml to allow linux users that are authenticated through the SSO system into jaspersever to then see the topics and domains and to be able to create a chart, cross tab, table or issue a new query from the nodes?

Can someone help me with a reference applicationContext-multiTenancy-security.xml from 3.5.0 that has been setup against external users that are not in LDAP and with which the users can see the topics and domains in the user interface in Jasper Reports server UI?