Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

How to use japanese text in JasperReport

gainston

Hello, I have been trying to process the jasper report for the past two days and i was unable to use japanese texts in the static text field in the JRXML.

SO when i Enter the japanese text in jrXml the output in jasper report is empty. I am in urgent need. Kindly someone help me in this issue

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, this is solution I searched, may be useful for u :

Resolution:

You should register the Japanese font that you are using as a font extension. To create a font jar, take the following steps:

1. Open iReport
  2. Got to Tools->Options
  3. Under the iReport section, find the Fonts tab (Not the Fonts and Colors section)
  4. Click on "Install Font"
  5. Select the main TTF file for your font and click Next
  6. Select the related italic, bold, and bold italic font files and click Next..Next...Finish
  7. Select the Font and click "Export as extension"
  8. Put in your application classpath. To do this just copy the jar to the /WEB-INF/lib/ folder, restart the server and then try to use it for reports.

Hello,

frist of all you need a font with Japanese letters like ArialUnicodeMS. If you're using studio, you'll need to register your font first. Go to Window->Preferences->Jaspersoft Studio->Fonts and add your font. When filling out the font information make sure you check the Embed in PDF Document and set the PDF encoding to Indentity-H.

You can then use the font for your fields and export it to PDF without losing it.