We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to filter with date

markbeardhome

HI I have a table element report and I wish to enable the user to filter by a column "Date" when running the report on the server

This is a UK based date system 19/11/2013, but when I click on the date and filer for that date by the calendar I get no results 

I have found that in the  jasperreports_messages.properties  ypou can alter the output of the calendar here and that desplays the correct date, but the filter still is not working

This is a JR5 server

can anyone help?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not using a parameter, its a field in a table element, I have used a cdate::date from postgress which casts a time date field to a date.

I am then filtering this after the report has run within the table element, numeric and text fields work fine but the date returns no value.

I have tried before/ between options and teh syems allows the calendar selection

This is the error

Caused by: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cdate for class: cust32code_1474905584081_434293
Possible solutions: class
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:50)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.GetEffectivePogoPropertySite.getProperty(GetEffectivePogoPropertySite.java:86)
at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callGroovyObjectGetProperty(AbstractCallSite.java:231)
at cust32code_1474905584081_434293.evaluate(calculator_cust32code_1474905584081_434293:189)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JREvaluator.evaluate(JREvaluator.java:190)
... 30 more