The following are steps that can be followed to set up a data source within iReport v3.5 to connect to a Pervasive PSQL v10 database:
Note:These instructions will work for iReport version 3.1 and greater.
- Download the 3 jar files from the Pervasive JDBC Driver Download (jpscs.jar, pvjdbc2.jar, and pvjdbc2x.jar) http://www.pervasivedb.com/psqlv11
- in iReport, go to the following menu Window =>Services
Expand the Database tree that shows in the Services window and right-click on the Drivers folder and select "New Driver..."
- Add the 3 jar files; click Find to find the Driver Class - 2 may be available, select the v2 Driver (com.pervasive.jdbc.v2.Driver); Give it a name i.e. "pervasive" and click OK
- Right Click on the new "pervasive" driver that appears in the Services window and selected "Connect Using..."
- Set up the database connection - as an example, you might use "jdbc:pervasive://localhost:1583/DEMODATA", your username and password - and click ok
- Add a new datasource using the NetBeans Database JDBC connection - the new connection defined should be in the dropdown
- Open the report wizard and you are on your way....