1. Create a new project.
2. Create a blank report.
3. Right-click on the project, select Properties
4. Select Java Build Path
5. Click Add External JARs...
6. Find and select a .jar file created by an external build process (e.g., external.jar)
7. Click Open
8. Click OK
At this point, "external.jar" is locked by JasperSoft Studio. Try:
1. Run external build process to recreate external.jar
JAR file is deleted, re-packaged, and re-loaded by JasperSoft Studio.
JAR file is locked by JasperSoft Studio.
There are two ways to work around this issue:
* Quit JasperSoft Studio, rebuild the JAR file, then restart JasperSoft Studio.
* Copy the externally built JAR file to a new location, then point JasperSoft Studio to the new location.
The issue with the second approach is that it's still not possible to dynamically reload the new JAR file from JasperSoft Studio.