Steve Park
    Assigned User anonymous
    CategoryBug report
    PriorityLow
    ReproducibilitySometimes
    ResolutionUnable to Reproduce
    SeverityMinor
    StatusClosed

After copying a report template, renaming it and making some slight modifications, when I preview the report, I get the following exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.builder.JasperReportCompiler.addMarker(JasperReportCompiler.java:179)

at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.builder.JasperReportCompiler.setValidationMarkers(JasperReportCompiler.java:174)

at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.builder.JasperReportCompiler.compileReport(JasperReportCompiler.java:161)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler.compileJasperDesign(ReportControler.java:391)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler.access$9(ReportControler.java:382)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler$3.run(ReportControler.java:319)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

It goes away if I close and re-open the template

Attachments: issueDetails.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Changed Status from New to Feedback Requested

Changed Assigned User from - to @User_306070

Hi Steve,which version were you using?I tried my dev environment to rename an already open (and compiling) report, modify it, and run preview.I was not able to reproduce you use case.Could you please register a screencast with the problem?Thanks in advance.Massimo.

Changed Resolution from Open to Unable to Reproduce

Changed Status from Feedback Requested to Closed

Changed Assigned User from @User_306070 to @anonymous

Closing the bug. No more feedback received. On our side we are unable to reproduce. Please attach a screencast and just in case re-open the bug.