I generated the keysfiles in version 7.5.0, but after performing the migration procedures to version 7.8.0, when I started the server the following errors occurred:
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Keystore initialization failed. Keystore properties couldn't be loaded using file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/lib/js-crypto-3.0.0.jar!/keystore-configuration.xml
Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration2.ex.ConfigurationException: Unable to load the keystore
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal base64 character 2a
After conducting an investigation, I noticed that the library used to open these keys changed from version 7.5.0 (WEB-INF / lib / js-crypto-2.0.2.jar) to version 7.8.0 (WEB-INF / lib /js-crypto-3.0.0.jar), and that this new library has problems opening files that have the asterisk character *
In fact, when listing the contents of the .jrsksp file with the command "cat .jrsksp | openssl base64 -d" I noticed that the version 7.5.0 file has this character.
After installing a version 7.8.0 from scratch, I verified that the .jrsksp generated by this version are all based on base64, that is, they do not have special characters.
It therefore appears that the keys generated in version 7.5.0 are not compatible with version 7.8.0. However, in the migration documentation (JasperReports-Server-CP-Upgrade-Guide.pdf) in section A.2.3 - Encryption Keys, it says that "The new keys are backward compatible with the default keys from previous servers".