We have been testing the DOCX exporter from Jasper Reports 3.6.0. There are a number of (hopefully) small, but none the less, critical issues with the resulting document formatting.
All of the following small issues refer to the DOCX document contained in the unit test file, http://www.steve-chamberlain.co.uk/Files/Jasper%20Reports%203.6.0%20DOCX%20Test.zip.
The zip file contains:
- The report in DOCX format.
- The report in PDF format (this format shows exactly what we want to see our report in DOCX).
- The report source as a .jrprint file in order to recreate/test these issues.
1) Page 2 of the document should contain legal information (this is visible in the PDF version).
2) The table of contents is displayed in italics. This should not be the case (see page 3-5 of the PDF for how it should look).
3) There is no text in the page footers. Page footers should display a project name and the page numbers.
4) Many of the headings have been displayed in italics. See chapter 4 "Test Case Specifications" for an example on page 9.
5) Chapter 6 on page 67 contains data in a table like format. It seems that the lines and text have not been rendered for the row cells. Headers are correct though.
6) Staying with chapter 6 of the report, the padding in the text boxes is not quite correct (the text is only half rendered).