Assigned User teodord
    CategoryBug report
    PriorityNormal
    ReproducibilityAlways
    ResolutionNo Change Required
    SeverityMinor
    StatusResolved
    Versionv5.6
    If I choose an arial font (either the built in font or one added in preferences as suggested to correct another issue) and select italic for a text field the text in preview mode (and in Design mode) for that text field is rendered as multiple occurrences of the letter 'A' in a small box. Exported to PDF, Word and Excel the text is correct, but truncated. That is, what should be printed in this particular text field as "Clinics please attach this document to the completed medical records and transmit by fax or email to:" is truncated to "Clinics please attach this document to the". If I change the font to SansSerif italic the full text prints correctly.

Attachments: exam_-_driver.jrxml

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, which version operative system are you using? The TNArial it's not a built in font but it is provided by your operative system. For example it is not available on linux. Anyway since it seems render problem it should be more related to JasperReports than JSS

I'm running in OS X. I added what I'm calling the TNArial font to JasperSoft to correct another issue, as was suggested to me. You stated that "it should be more related to JasperReports than JSS". How do I submit issues related to JasperReports rather than JSS?

Hi,

you can access the generic tracker page: http://community.jaspersoft.com/bug-tracker

Later you can create a new bug report, selecting the "JasperReports Library" for the project field.

All other fields to set are similar/same of the ones you see in the dialog we have in JSS. In Jaspersoft Studio we simply created a tool for easily submit a new issue to the tracker directly inside the application.

Regards,

Massimo.

Changed Assigned User from - to @teodord

Hi,What exactly do you mean when you say: "I added ... the TNArial font to JasperSoft to correct another issue".Do you mean you configured a font extension with this name in JSS?If you configured your TTF as custom font extension, where is this PDF export problem occurring? Is it occurring in JSS, where you installed the font, or does it occur in your own application or in JRS, when you deploy the report?Thanks,Teodor

Changed Resolution from Open to No Change Required

Changed Status from Feedback Requested to Resolved

Feel free to reopen this if you still experience the problem.