DTD's are mostly considered legacy, since XSD's allow better validation and integrate better due to namespacing support, etc.
These are some of the task I see for this issue:
- An XSD should be made and uploaded next to the DTD
- A next minor Jasper should internally start validating against the XSD (instead of the DTD)
- Jasper should still accept jxrml files which use the DTD (but validate it internally vs the XSD)
- Disable validation should still work (even though now it disables the XSD instead of the DTD)
- The XSD should be promoted and the DTD should be declared as deprecated.