I used to work with iReport 5.6.0 and want to change to Jaspersoft Studio. I am trying this change with Jaspersoft Studio 6.1.1.
If I create a new report, I'll see all my settings correct in my preview. But if I open the same report in a different environment (here: APEX), a few settings (fonts) are missing:
- At the beginning I thought text fields were missing. But they were only invisible because the font size was bigger now.
- All text fields have the same size and are left-justified.
Within the Jaspersoft Studio I used Arial 9 and Tahoma 16, but in APEX all text finally has Arial 10.
If I change the markup (properties - static text - font - markup) to none, html or style, it does not change anything. If I change the markup to rtf, my text fields are gone.
Right now, I still have to use the iReport Designer.
No, its no bug of the iReport Desginer. Perhaps I was not very clear in my first post. The bug only occurs within the Jaspersoft Studio.
The iReport Designer still works fine. But I really want to use the Jaspersoft Studio in the future.
Maybe a *.jar-file is missing? In my Data Adapter Wizard the driver classpaths I use are: ojdbc6.jar, jasperreports-core-renderer.jar, gson-2.2.jar, hsqldb-1.8.0-10.jar, jasperreports-extensions-3.5.3.jar.
I use Java 8 (jdk1.8.0_65, jre1.8.0_72).
Another feature - not working on Jaspersoft Studio 6.1.1 - is the JaspersoftReport Versions feature. If I click on the down arrow key (left from the compile report image within the main report); and go to Manage JasperReports Versions, I should be able to download a "missing" version. I tried this in order to find a compatible mode for my "old" iReports, made within the iReport designer. So if I click here on any version and go to Next, I always get the error message: There were errors while downloading JasperReports, check your internet connection. For more informations check the log file. My internet connection works fine. The log file doesn't bring me forward.
Maybe the bug is also connected with this?!
Today I was trying things out and made an old iReport work in Apex by using the Jaspersoft Studio. :)
I went to File - Properties - Jaspersoft Studio - Configure Workspace Settings - Version. Here I chose "JasperReports 5.1.0". Afterwards I compiled my report with JasperReports 5.1.0 and uploaded the *.jasper-file to the server. Finally I was able to see the report correctly with all fonts.
BUT if I compile my report normally it will have problems with fonts in Apex/ on my server. So I think the problem is not connected with any setting in Jaspersoft Studio. The problem might be on the server. Here I work with Apache Tomcat 7.0.68 - JasperReportsIntegration. This uses JasperReports 5.1.0 to render reports. So here I will try to install an update to make my reports work.