Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Tomcat Server won't start after change to js.quartz.properties

I installed the latest version of Jasper Server and had it running fine. The ONLY change I made was to the following file.

Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-cp-6.2.1apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserverWEB-INFjs.quartz.properties file

Now, I can't seem to start the apache tomcat server. 

I have restored the properties file to its original state, and rebooted the server, and it still won't start. 

I havne't done anything else to the server yet, it's a brand new windows 2012 server and this and JRE 7 are the only software I've put on it.

Here is the error log details. I don't know why, but the logs aren't even being populated anymore. The last entry in the logs are from yesterday, and I have tried running them again today. 

The logs in Jaspersoftjasperreports-server-cp-6.2.1.1apache-tomcatlogs are also empty.

Any ideas where I can troubleshoot?

2016-04-14 13:57:14,357 ERROR ContextLoader,localhost-startStop-1:331 - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'mailSenderService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'report.scheduler.mail.sender.username' in string value "${report.scheduler.mail.sender.username}"; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'report.scheduler.mail.sender.username' in string value "${report.scheduler.mail.sender.username}"
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:209)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:223)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:84)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:696)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:671)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:461)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:410)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:306)
at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:112)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4797)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5221)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:714)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1071)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1721)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'report.scheduler.mail.sender.username' in string value "${report.scheduler.mail.sender.username}"
at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:173)
at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.replacePlaceholders(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:125)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer$PlaceholderResolvingStringValueResolver.resolveStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:258)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveStringValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:282)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:204)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitPropertyValues(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:141)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:82)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:206)
... 21 more
2016-04-14 13:57:14,388 ERROR JNDIResourceProvider,localhost-startStop-1:75 - error closing context
javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException: Context is read only
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.checkWritable(NamingContext.java:960)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.close(NamingContext.java:760)
at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.JNDIResourceProvider.close(JNDIResourceProvider.java:72)
at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.CompositeResourceProvider.close(CompositeResourceProvider.java:56)
at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactory.initialize(ResourcesFactory.java:163)
at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactory.<init>(ResourcesFactory.java:92)
at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactory.<clinit>(ResourcesFactory.java:89)
at com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactoryContextListener.contextInitialized(ResourcesFactoryContextListener.java:23)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4797)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5221)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:714)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1071)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1721)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Error which you are getting is teling that property is missing, so most probably file with that property was not loaded

that property is inside of js.quartz.properties

so most probably you edit that file with some kind of tool which could change "file name" or "file attributes" or "file permissions" or "name of that property" or "file encoding"

i would propose to use some file manager (like "FAR manager") which will display everything (including extension of file) and recheck all possible issues

to check permissions and encoding - compare with different file which you was not editing.