We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Eclipse/STS Jasper studio plugin fails to open jrxml files after pom update

villekarjala

Hi,

After large update to my codebase Jasper studio plugin on my STS/Eclipse stopped working. The main problem is that I'm not able to open jrxml files anymore. If I try that, only a blank empty page opens up in my STS, when before my code was updated, I was able to see the full jrxml layout editor.

After very long investigation, I was able to get jrxml editor working again, but in quite laboursome fashion. Editor started to work again after I rolled back my pom.xml to the version it was before the major codebase update. Of course my application won't work with the old pom.xml, but at least I can use jasper studio editor with the old pom.xml. Switching between these pom.xml files is just so time consuming due to many side-effects of that, that I would love to find a better solution.

Here's a list of those dependencies that got updated during my the major code update:

-spring framework         4.1.6. -->4.2.3.
    -spring security version     3.2.4  -->4.0.3.
    -waffle version            1.6 -->    1.7.4
    -jackson version        2.6.3--> 2.7.1.

Is it so that some of these are not compatible with the jasper studio plugin and is there a fix coming to this?

(btw. I just updated my jasper studio plugin to latest version and still same problems. The version I have is 6.2.1.)

Best regards,

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that there was even more recent versions now available related to those dependencies that got updated in my previous codebase update.. So now I have updated my dependencies like this:

-jackson databind                               2.7.3.
    -jackson core                                      2.7.3.
    -jackson annotations                           2.7.3.
    -jackson-datatype-hibernate4             2.7.3.
    -jackson-datatype-joda                        2.7.3.
    -waffle                                                  1.8.1
    -spring-security.version                       4.0.4.RELEASE
    -org.springframework.version              4.2.5.RELEASE

Unfortunately still no luck. JRXML-editor is still not opening in my STS and I still have to roll back to the old pom.xml version to get it running.