Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasperserver tomcat wont shut down

tyson.decker

I'm running jasperserver v6.0.1 and i'm having issues when trying to shutdown tomcat. I did not install the bundled tomcat, I installed using the js-install.sh script. Occasionally we need to shutdown tomcat to do some maintenance. It doesn't shutdown all the way and we end up having multiple zombie tomcat intances running.

Looking in the logs I see several SEVERE warnings saying theres a probable memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver-pro] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.InheritableThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.InheritableThreadLocal@21671cf3]) and a value of type [org.springframework.security.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken] (value [org.springframework.security.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken@8eb2e32c: Principal: MetadataUserDetails: hardy; Credentials: [PROTECTED]; Authenticated: true; Details: null; Granted Authorities: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.impl.client.TenantAwareGrantedAuthority@2a86d03

SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver-pro] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.InheritableThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.InheritableThreadLocal@789da6a6]) and a value of type [com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.TenantContext] (value [Multitenancy context: organization 373]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

SEVERE: The web application [/jasperserver-pro] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.InheritableThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.InheritableThreadLocal@185d03dc]) and a value of type [org.springframework.security.core.context.SecurityContextImpl] (value [org.springframework.security.core.context.SecurityContextImpl@ffffffff: Null authentication]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

There are several other errors, they seem to mostly be related to authentication. This basically happens everytime I try to shutdown tomcat. I also tried a clean install of jasperserver-pro 6.2.0 without any configuration changes. The only thing I did was import my current reports. I ran into the same issue of tomcat not shutting down. I've exhausted all of my resources and can't figure out why this is happening.

Has anybody else experienced a simmilar issue and might know how to solve this? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The memory error happens but shouldn't be the cause of tomcat not shutting down. Check if the server shutdown properly without JasperReports Server war. Next, JasperReports Server install but without any modification nor resource added.
I also recommend version up to 6.2.0. 6.0.1 was unstable and I passed it up. 6.1.x was more stable.

Wihtout the JasperReports Server war tomcat shuts down properly. With a clean install of 6.2.0 and no modifications or resources added tomcat will not shutdown. I'm installing it on CentOS using tomcat7. After trying to shutdown the memory errors are thrown and tomcat never quits. typing `ps aux` shows a tomcat process still running

tomcat   15008  7.4 10.0 6931780 810292 ?      Sl   12:32   3:09 /usr/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/share/tomcat7/conf/logging.properties....

Trying to startup tomcat again results in multiple instances of tomcat running so I need to manually kill the process everytime.

• 1 year later...