I have a report using a information via an XML file from the Data Crow program. Everything works fine when producing titles, columns of data etc. No problem at all until I go to sum the entries in a report column. I find that the field variable is listed in Jaspersoft Studio as a string where as it was originally a number field. This means that I am not given the option to SUM the field, only to give a COUNT when I drag the field into the summary band. I iether need to keep number fields as a number when I create and use the data adaptor or to be able to convert a string field to a number field.
This worked. Thank you. I need to add that it took me over an hour to work out how find the Data Set and Query dialog and make the change. I am running version 6.2.0 and the interface is different from the examples shown in the tutorials. I would post exactly what I did but I have already forgotten which of all the false starts where successful. I hope someone else can post the details.