Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Different uppercase and lowercase with the same month formats

manuatilomb
Go to solution Solved by manuatilomb,

I have a report with several dates being displayed, each with the month showing as letters. But in some of them, the first letter is in lowercase, while in other ones the first letter is in uppercase, and I don't know why that happens. What's weirder is the fact that that only happens if I'm using spanish as the localization language.

I think some of this may have to do with how jasper or ireport sees textfields with only a date, and textfields that happen to have a date, since in titles and the like, it's printed with uppercase, and with data fields and graphs, it's printed in lowercase.

Any help is highly appreciated.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Welp, seems like I was right. It was a type difference. I just made a test and proved it. If a textfield uses a date, it will format the spanish month name in lowercase, and if it is a text, it will format the first letter in uppercase.

EDIT

Found out that my previous answer was wrong. The text field was showing uppercase, but only because it wasn't using the report locale, so the language parsing to was the default one (english). Once the spanish locale was set on the SimpleDateFormat, it parsed it in spanish and lowercase, like before. After searching a bit, it turns out that the lowercase is the default aspect of spanish months in java, so this isn't a ireport or jasper issue whatsoever