JasperReport Server and JasperSoft Studio Configurations and Errors
Posted on January 19, 2016 at 8:33pm
I have following questions regarding JasperSoft Studio and JasperReports Server (both community Edition).
I have installed both using installer on Windows Server 2012 machines.
- I have created reports using JasperSoft Studio Community Edition. I have also installed JasperReports Server Community Edition(My Studio and Server are on different machine). I am trying to publish report from my JasperSoft Studio Community Edition but I am getting connection time out when I am running Test Connection for my JasperReports Server .
Is there any configurtions which have to be made at the server side ? Or am I missing some thing?
- When I login to my Server and try to add new Data Source , I am getting a pop-up window with the following error.
Exception thrown executing com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.tree.TreeAction@2aa04763 in state 'getNode' of flow 'treeFlow'
-- action execution attributes were 'map - empty'.
- In order to publish report to the server from my studio , Is it necessary to make connection to the Redshift Cluster before publishing the report?
Posted on January 21, 2016 at 1:53pm
The mostly likely reason for your problem is that you didn't setup your server correctly. Check if you can access Tomcat from the pc where you Jaspersoft Studio is installed.
1. Edit conf/tomcat-users.xml
2. Take out the comment. Delete "<!--" and "-->"
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
<user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
<user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
3. Add "manager-gui" to tomcat's roles.
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,manager-gui"/>
5. See if you can see open tomcat manager "http://<ip address of Tomcat server>:8080/manager/
Posted on January 21, 2016 at 8:53pm
Actually it was issue with my Security Groups.
Thank you very much for your reponse.