Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Input control overrides as I publish reports to Jasper Server

zuhayer171288
Go to solution Solved by Raphaël Peguet,

I have a parameter which I want to populate using sql query i.e. Single Select-Query Input Control.

It works fine, when I publish my report, with simple parameter acct_id, and and replace the input control on Jasper Sever as acct_id with Single Select Query.

But the problem comes when I edit the same report and upload it again, the Single Select Query Input Control is replaced by the simple parameter from my report.

And I have to again, override the parameter as a Single Select Query Input Control. And I am using the input control for multiple reports it is LOTS of useless replication and redundency doing the same time 5-6 times over.

Any solutions to this problem? I have not been able to find the answer in the Answers on this website yet.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

Alternatively you may want to disable the possibility to publish and overwrite resources when saving a report.

To prevent the input controls or any other resources from being overwritten when saving the report you need to untick the 2 properties under Jaspersoft Studio settings > Jaspersoft Studio > JasperReports Server:

ScreenShot2017-01-18at17_06_00.thumb.png.1974138b95eac7ecab976c76ace272d4.png