We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Option choices for input controls don't appear

Jasperiousity

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking that you are not seeing any values, because in your definition of your input control, on the Set Parameter Values page, in the Visible Columns entry, there are no columns shown.  Probably you entered a column, but didn't press "Add".

When editing the input control, under Type, there are many different input control types. You probably want your input to be of type "Multi-select Query".

• 2 weeks later...

mwarner:

Thanks for replying. I followed your instructions and now I'm getting Null for the options in the "Multi-select Query" and I also added the visible columns.

Here is a screenshot.

ScreenShot2015-12-16at6_00_46PM.png.f729ddf003331d92b842fbf82f88f3f8.png

I also used the following query which has two options which I added as the visible columns. In JasperReports Studio, I created a parameter of Class java.util.Collection with the "Default Value Expression" of new ArrayList(Arrays.asList("Subscription", "Redemption")). These are the values I expect to see but appear as null. 

SELECT DISTINCT tran_type FROM prov.ATrans ORDER BY tran_type

Your "Select Distinct tran_type...." query was defined using the proper data source (in the Link a Data Source to the Query page in JS Server)?
And when you run your query in your database (in like SSMS), two of the values in it are always "Subscription" and "Redemption"?
And you added "tran_type" as a Value Column and you added "tran_type" as a Visible Columns (in the Set Parameters Values page in JS Server)?

"[Null] | [Null]" in your results (the two [Null]s) that indicates to me that you ADDed two visible columns to your input control, but your "Select Distinct..." statement only returns one column.