I designed a report that uses 3 fonts. I installed the fonts in iReport, exported the font extension jar.
In JasperReports server:
1. If I don't put the font extension in jasperServer: The web preview of the report looks ok, but the PDF export has only 1 font.
2. If I put the font extension in Tomcat libs: The web preview of the report has only one font, but the PDF export looks ok with embedded fonts.
It's crazy. Installing the font extension corrects the PDF but breaks the server web preview.
Note: on iReport, both the preview and the PDF export look ok
Note: The server runs on Ubuntu
Probably a problem with iReport not generating font jar file correctly. Should switch over to Jaspersoft Studio.
Generated font jar with JasperSoft Studio this time but nothing changed. Studio puts the font families in separate folders, it's the only difference to iReport.