We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Using old JAR in current JSS

dan_19

Hi all, I am trying to determine how to work around a specific issue regarding old JAR versions.  We use a cloud hosted application that runs mysql/jasper for reporting.  Up until recently, I knew that the jasper version on the cloud app was older, and I have been using the latest JSS releases and setting the Project version to 3.7.4, which has worked well.  However, I was having some issue with charts and contacted the developers. Here is what they said:

"It is a class path issue. When you are running the report locally you have the that jar in your iReport that has the DialFrame class but the jar that is currently on our server is pretty old which does not have DialFrame class.  The version that we are currently using is 1.0.1.  For now customer can needs to make sure they use only classes that are part of 1.0.1 or wait for the next release where we can upgrade the jar.​"

​If I read this right, they are using iReport 1.0.1?  I have tried installing iReport 1.0.1 but it will not run under current OS (Win10), even in compatibility mode.  Is it possible to revert JSS to use the 1.0.1 JARs, and how would I accomplish this?  I am not expecting them to update the server-side JARs for quite a while.

Thanks in advance!

--Dan

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic