Working with Hive2 in Community Edition of JasperSoft Studio

Hello,

I'm trying to define Data Adpater to running Hive2 instance. While specifying URL in the format jdbc:hive://10.143.96.56:10000/default;auth=noSasl and testing the connection in the Studio it never returns. No error in the logs. Sniffing the trafic shows the following:

2015-10-06 09:33:15,030 ERROR [HiveServer2-Handler-Pool: Thread-46]: server.TThreadPoolServer (TThreadPoolServer.java:run(296)) - Error occurred during processing of message.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransportException: No data or no sasl data in the stream
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:219)
at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:268)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransportException: No data or no sasl data in the stream
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.open(TSaslTransport.java:328)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.open(TSaslServerTransport.java:41)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:216)
... 4 more
2015-10-06 09:35:13,288 ERROR [HiveServer2-Handler-Pool: Thread-46]: server.TThreadPoolServer (TThreadPoolServer.java:run(296)) - Error occurred during processing of message.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Invalid status -128
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport$Factory.getTransport(TSaslServerTransport.java:219)
at org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess.run(TThreadPoolServer.java:268)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Invalid status -128
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.sendAndThrowMessage(TSaslTransport.java:232)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport.receiveSaslMessage(TSaslTransport.java:184)
at org.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslServerTransport.handleSaslStartMessage(TSaslServerTransport.java:125)

If I specify the URL in format jdbc:hive2://10.143.96.56:10000/default;auth=noSasl (adding 2 to specify it is Hive2 instead of Hive1), the driver fails to parse URL. If I add hive-* jars from beeline installation, the Studio fails. No traffic is sent and no error in the logs. Could someone point me on the correct drivers/version/procedures how to connect to Hive2 from JasperSoft Studio version 6.1.1?

alex.gurevich's picture

0 Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback
randomness