We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Best Method to track down issues

barry_4

Hi,

I've been using Jaspersoft Studio for about 10 days now and I have one thing that I need to really get my head around.

( As background, I've been coding since 1983 (graduated Computer Science 1987), but not in much in Java, lately all been PHP. )

I'm building a simple report at present and have been playing with the presentation of the report.  One of the tihngs I was doing was trying to concat a string token to the id of a row.

I get the following error ::  ".JRException: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Integer"  which I understand and, hopefully, can fix simply.

My issue though is:: From the error message in Studio I see no easy way to highlight exactly where in the report desing or source XML (I spend a lot of time here).

So, my question would be:  "Is there a quick way to highlight the error?"

Thank you very much,

Barry

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still keen to understand if there is a good answer to debugging reports, but in the interim I fixed my issue by forcing the output to a string in the select clause - concat('Tag',columnName)  (Of course if you don't need the tag concat('',Col) works as well.)