We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Passing multiple parameters to sql server stored procedure from jaspersoft studio 5.6

vhp1990

Hello,

I have a stored procedure my_sp which takes in two parameters, first an integer and then a date. That is,

EXEC my_sp 265522,'6-10-15'

I have been trying to design a report based on the result set from this procedure in Jaspersoft Studio 5.6. The report does not generate or atleast takes way too long if I use the two parameters though the output data consists of only 25 rows. I am using this query,

exec my_sp $P{param1} , $P{param2} 

and feel the probelm is with the syntax only. Also the same query works perfect when I had tried it in Sql Server Management Studio and in jaspersoft studio, stored procedures with a single parameter work like magic.  Kindly help me out on this

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

You can call the procedure when you adding a dataset with  PL/SQL text code.

{ CALL schema.NAME_SP($P{param1} , $P{param2} ,$P{ORACLE_REF_CURSOR}) } [/code]

the param Oracle_ref_cursor  contains the params of your response call, and you  must create the fields. the field name must be the same procedure to set your params return like that:

<queryString language="plsql">            <![CDATA[{CALLschema.NAME_SP($P{param1} , $P{param2} ,$P{ORACLE_REF_CURSOR})]]>        </queryString>        <field name="response1" class="java.lang.String"/>        <field name="response2" class="java.lang.String"/>[/code]

Now, you can use any ORACLE procedures.