Eclipse Jaspersoft Studio 6.0.4 total fail on Linux install and Windows install

0

I have installed the plugin for Eclipse and I want to create a Jasperreport and fail drasticly at once. This happends on Windows 7 and Linux Ubuntu 14.10. Please let me know what information is needed. I'm able to create a jrxml file, but when I try to open it in Eclipse there is always a crash with stacktrace given below. I'm not able to use the plugin, please let me know what is wrong.

 

JDK 1.7.0_79
Eclipse Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2)
Jaspersoft Studio feature 6.0.4.final

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving
method
"org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/log4j/Category;Lorg/apache/log4j/Priority;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V"
the class loader (instance of java/net/FactoryURLClassLoader) of the
current class, org/apache/log4j/Category, and the class loader (instance
of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) for resolved
class, org/apache/log4j/spi/LoggingEvent, have different Class objects
for the type
apache/log4j/Category;Lorg/apache/log4j/Priority;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Throwable;)V
used in the signature
    at org.apache.log4j.Category.forcedLog(Category.java:391)
    at org.apache.log4j.Category.log(Category.java:856)
    at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter.log(Log4jLoggerAdapter.java:601)
    at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLocationAwareLog.debug(SLF4JLocationAwareLog.java:133)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.createParser(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:1568)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.createDigester(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:1541)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:263)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:248)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.util.ReportLoader.loadReport(ReportLoader.java:37)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.eclipse.ui.ReportPreviewUtil$1.run(ReportPreviewUtil.java:48)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:136)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4147)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3764)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)




tim_mickelson's picture
Joined: Apr 28 2015 - 4:49am
Last seen: 4 years 3 weeks ago

I fixed this problem myself. Reading the stacktrace I found that there was a dependency in my pom (I'm using Maven) to a library org.slf4j:jcl-over-slf4j. Excluding this the problem is solved. It would be nice if this kind of problems was handled nicer and maybe documented in some requirements document.

 

 

tim_mickelson - 5 years 6 months ago

0 Answers:

No answers yet
Feedback
randomness