Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

marten.carlzon
Go to solution Solved by AnnMary.Thomas,

Hello folks,

I was wondering if it would be possible to fill a table veritcly? I am sitting with an XML that I am to transform into a report and my issue is that I dont know how many columns there will be beforehand so I would like to be able to fill the table column by column.

I have tried to solve it with subreports but it doesnt come out nice. I have 3 subreports, first one have 7 columns in it and a call to one subreport. That have one textfield (because the title needs to be higher then the other text fields) and a call to my last subreport which just prints the values I have. Can this be simplyfied? (For instance programaticly set the height on a textfield if a parameter is true?)
My information is like

<columns>   <column id="0">      <title>Title1</title>      <value>Value</value>      <value>Value</value>      ...   </column>   <column id="1">   ...   </column></columns>[/code]

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Write you later / Mårten

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thats how I want it to look, tried to make it but the preview tool always breaks down on me so didnt dare to show in case it would look bad :).

Ahh, lists... had completely missed that tool :)

Will look into it and see if I can make it work. Sadly I have run a little overtime with this task so might have to stick with the subreportsolution but thanks for the tip with the list and clever solution with columnheader!

Thanks again for the tip!