Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Select datasource, then parameters in JasperServer

younos

Hi,

I use an application for which I create a new database each year, therefore I have some archives of databases from previous years.

I would like to know if it is possible in JasperServer that when I want to print a report I can FIRST select a datasource (e.g. 2015, 2014, ...) and THEN select the parameters (e.g. which products, invoices,...). It becomes difficult because some parameters are lists of records taken from a database, then these parameters lists must be updated in function of the database I choose.

Is it possible to do something like this? If yes how (in iReport and then in JasperServer)? If no, do you see another mean that can replace it?

Thanks in advance,

Younos

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please go through this link

https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-ultimate-guide/v55/roles-users-and-profile-attributes

JRS has feature called profile attribute in which different values be defined for attribute at different level (server, tenant, user). I am not 100% sure if this will solve your problem but this is worth a look. The link is for v55 but 6.0 and beyond presents more addition to the feature. Those attributes can be used in datasource/domain/adhoc/filter as of amber -2. (which is the work in progress) 

• 1 month later...