Invalid regular expression and visualize is not defined on Jasper Server Pro 6.0.0

I am using jasper server pro evaluation version 6.0.0 for Proof of Concept purpose about Visualize.js

I just follow visualizejs-getting-started tutorial and here is my fiddle code.

But no luck, I got an error below:

Error on Chrome

Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: /[À-ß][€-¿]|[à -ï][€-¿]{2}|[ð-÷][€-¿]{3}/: Range out of order in character class
jasper1.html:13 Uncaught ReferenceError: visualize is not defined

Error on Firefox:

SyntaxError: invalid range in character class
...):h(e)},f=function(e){return p(e,!0)},m=new RegExp(["[À-ß][€-¿]","[à -ï][€...
visualize.js (line 72, col 27353)
ReferenceError: visualize is not defined visualize({

Please help, I'm stuck.

Thanks.

akun.register's picture

I found the solution for the issue. It seems that thre is a regex issue with the "m=new RegExp(["[À-ß][€-¿]","[à -ï][€...". I played around with the regex and able to get it to work. For now im using m = new RegExp(["[Àß-][€¿-]", "[àï-][€¿-]{2}", "[ð÷-][€¿-]{2}"].join("|"), "g"), . This might not be the intended regex. But far now it seems to work. 

apekshith.ramesha - 4 years 4 months ago

4 Answers:

The fiddle code worked for me. Could you make sure your installation works properly and you have JRS properly set up?

nthapa's picture

I have the same issue. Im able to get the server up and running and also upload few reports and run them on the server. but when i try to run the fiddle, there seems to be a problem with the js file. I'm not able to confirm with the v5.6 as there is no commercial version of the JRS trial available on the website.

apekshith.ramesha's picture

Please update the script src with ?_opt=false

see jsfiddle example:

http://jsfiddle.net/qw35fmys/4/

script src=http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro/client/visualize.js?_opt=false

mcota_1's picture

It looks like using the minimized version of visualize.js is completely broken. The only way to get it to work is by setting ?_opt=false

Setting _opt=true puts all the javascript files into 1 minified file instead of downloading all files individually.

I really hope they fix this, because the unminified version is incrediable slow to load.

jonasingvar's picture

If you have a pro version, a hotfix resolves this via the cumulative patch for 6.0.

ghudson_1 - 4 years 1 month ago
Feedback