We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Missing Static Text placeholder in the column header band

nmarasoiu

Hi,

New -> Jasper Report. I select a template, say Silhouette (I tried with 5 templates).

Just File -> Export as report template.

2 errors regarding missing static text appear: first one is:

Missing Static Text placeholder in the column header band

I noticed that when experimented with my own first time reports, and I made them with parametrized sql, column header and detail lines with field values, run them in preview mode and all looked ok, and when exporting as template got these errors. Then I tried to isolate, and noticed that any template I selected, it was not exportable, and the export wizard says the report is errorneous and will not be run in the runtime like this. It is strange that Run in preview mode does not complain, and that all ready made templates are reported to have this error.

Eclipse Luna 4.4.1

Jasper Studio 5.6.3

Please advise,

Nicu

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, to solve your problem, try to place in the Column Header a Label element with the text "Label" (without the double quote), and make the same procedure with the second band.

Notes:

1) Give the Label element the text "Label" (nothing other than "Label" keyword).

2) you can export your report template and all it's resources by clicking finish. But if they are any errors so maybe your template could not work well when it is used to generate the report. Remember that if you edit the report you must save it before to start the export as template wizard. Otherwise any unsaved change will not be taken from the wizard because it read the report file from your disk, not the one in your editor.

I hope this help you, best regards